Woohoo happy Friday! The weather is supposed to be back in the 60s and I’m looking forward to enjoying the nice weather this weekend. We still aren’t finished with our bathroom makeover, but our shower is working and our vanity is installed so I’m seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. A few more days of work and hopefully I can add the finishing touches.
Around the Web
- My sister has a capsule wardrobe and shared this great post on using propositions to refine your wardrobe. It’s something I’ve only briefly thought about, but once you find flattering proportions it’s a great tool when pairing outfits.
- Inspiring, new to me design blog that will have you hooked. Bonus: check out her tips for editing photos on Instagram
- Even after 2 years of blogging I still don’t know a fraction of what there is to know about blogging. These simple but true blogging tips from Jess are a nice refresher.
- Ordered this dress this week for Go Blog Social. Hoping it’s not too short!
- A pretty and affordable kimono that is cute to just wear or as a swimsuit coverup. Worn here on the glowing Maureen.
- I have only two bags I carry regularly and think it’s time to add a staple crossbody I’ll have for years. I can’t decide yet, but this one tops my list so far.
DIYs to Try
- A Beautiful Mess does it again with this DIY gem mirror tutorial that could fool anyone.
- Super festive splatter paint napkins for your next party.
- Cute chunky necklace tutorial.
- My old 4s iPhone is on its last life. This week it kept crashing anytime I opened safari and now I can’t post photos on Instagram (my brother didn’t see the issue there ha) so I’m getting a new phone this weekend. I’m debating between the 5s and 5c. I know I don’t need the 6 because it’s more than I’d like to spend and will be outdated before we know it anyway (and it’s so big). The 5c is basically free while the 5s is $100, but the 5s is more sleek and has more features. What are your thoughts on the 5c? Is it better just to upgrade to 5s?
- I was so excited for March Madness to begin, only to watch my team Iowa State lose their first game to a number 14 seed yesterday.
- I’m planning my twin sister’s bachelorette party for May in Omaha and can’t wait the hilarious shenanigans I’m dreaming up. Any suggestions are welcome :)
Image via A Beautiful Mess