Around the Web
- I’ve been in Omaha for three months now since moving from San Francisco. I always heard it was hard to make friends after college since you aren’t attending classes and sitting next to people your age daily. It’s true, it’s definitely more challenging, but I have met a few Omaha bloggers which is great. Cait’s tips for meeting new people are helpful for those in a similar situation. Attending local events is my favorite way to meet others!
- A pop of yellow in an unexpected place by the genius DIYer, Gwen.
- Have you heard about Meerkat? I had to read up on it to get all the details and haven’t used it myself, but it’s blowing up and celebrities apparently love it. Are you a fan?
- My friend at work just got these caged heels from Target and they are SO cute in person! I love a heel that isn’t super high and totally wearable. Hoping to pick them up this weekend. I see Target has a buy one get one 50% off shoes, clothing, and accessories for those of you looking to do some spring shopping.
- Piperlime announced they are closing so they’re constantly having sales to push product. This top looks flattering and comfortable.
- Did you hear Lily Pulitzer is partnering with Target? It doesn’t hit stores until April 19th, but you can get a sneak peek here. I literally love everything! Something about spring turns my style a complete 180 from edgy and black to preppy with color.
DIYs to Try
- The hand ring holder is super popular, but this DIY cactus alternative is so much cuter. Love a DIY that just takes a little glue and spray paint.
- 60 copper DIY projects.
- Cute rug to make with extra rope I have laying around.
- We’re two and a half weeks into our bathroom reno (see update photo here) and the tile is finished, a new bathtub and toilet are in, and new vanity and mirror are installed. We can check all the major tasks off our list, but we still have to paint and add the finishing touches like a rug and blinds. I still can’t get over how different it looks from the before!
- I am not a morning person and much prefer staying up late getting work done (usually blogging) than waking up early. Many times I’ve read about the benefits of waking up early, and I’m bound and determined to make it happen. I’m tired of waking up late and rushing around to get out the door in time. Do you have tips for breaking a habit of staying up late to make waking up early easier?
- Good luck to my sister and her fiance as they move into their first house this weekend! I’ll be visiting to help decorate soon:)
Image via The Makerista