A new blog added to my list of faves is Franish. I enjoy her writing style and personal touches in every post, and her unique take on the “fashion blog.” She’s a med student so her blog showcases her daily outfits and how she makes them work for her school’s dresscode. Oddly enough, one of my favorite posts is her weekly top series where she shares three tidbits about different topics (school, internet, personal, etc). I always come away learning something new (usually unrelated to fashion) so it’s a nice refresher and always interesting. Thanks, Fran, for inspiring this new series :)
Around the Web
- Domaine Home released its picks for best decorating blogs. A few of my favorites were on the list along with some new ones I can’t wait to get lost in.
- I was slacking on my Twitter presence so I signed up for Nuzzel, a program that syncs with your Twitter account and emails you the top news from your feed daily. It saves tons of time from having to actually sit on Twitter and you no longer suffer from FOMO.
- I love this open and candid post by Hallie about quitting the corporate ladder and getting happy.
- How great is this pop of pink coffee table in the living room?
- Thinking about getting a pair of pointed toe loafers for spring.
- You know those Karen Walker sunglasses everyone is wearing? This dupe only costs $6!
DIYs to Try
- This awesome DIY Copper Ladder by Brittany Makes would be great in a bathroom to hang towels or even an office to hang magazines on.
- Since I shared this bedroom update, I’ve been looking for a night stand that’s affordable and natural wood (nothing painted). I can’t wait to try this IKEA hack.
- This is the cutest last minute Valentine’s gift DIY by Natalie and it’s SO easy!
- Last week I attended my first barre class to see what all the hype was about. It was nice to switch it up from my usual treadmill and weights workout, but definitely less intensive than I’m used to. After 3 classes last week, I do notice more definition in my hips/butt already, but I won’t be purchasing a monthly membership because it’s so spendy ($150 a month). It was fun though and I came away with some new exercises to do at home. Have you tried barre?
- I’m a month into my move back to Iowa and starting my new job in Omaha. I’m adjusting to the lack of shopping choices and more driving, but I’m glad I made the leap and am settling back into the midwest.
- Are you doing anything for Valentine’s Day? My boyfriend is off on a fishing trip with friends so it’s GNO for me.
On Hammer and Heels
- My DIY chandelier was featured on Curbly!
- Pinterest: To cut or not to cut my hair?
- Instagram: Slowly but surely making progress in the kitchen