Around the Web
- Did you hear Pinterest is removing all affiliate links? While I’m not a big affiliate pinner, it’s definitely a game changer for may bloggers and the industry all together. I’m curious how things will pan out.
- I wish I was cool enough for a home that looked like this.
- Better Homes and Garden Blogger Awards are back and I’m so excited for some blogger friends that are nominated! Check them out and vote for your favorites.
DIYs to Try
- Bet you can’t guess what Erin used to make this wall hanging. She’s a genius I tell ya.
- I’m looking for a console table to go behind our couch and love this super affordable DIY by Desert Domicile for just $18.
- Such a cute gift idea for friends or co-workers.
- What are your feelings on ear jackets? I think they’re so fun.
- The blue sweater hit spotted on Gigi Hadid is only $60! The whole look is perfection.
- In my ideal life I’d remember (and want to) wear lipstick every day. Roman Holiday by Nars is popular in the blog world and the perfect shade of pink.
On Hammer and Heels
- I need your advice on sconces for my bedroom! So far rustic is the winner.
- Instagram: Found some great tees at Target that are actually long enough to cover my bum when wearing leggings. Woo!
- Pinterest: Can’t go wrong with a leather jacket.
- I’m meeting up with a few high school friends in Des Moines this weekend and cannot wait! It’s hard coordinating everyone’s schedules so we don’t see each other near as often as we’d like. How do you stay in touch with friends after graduation?
- I try to eat pretty healthy and bring my own lunch to work. Every Sunday I meal plan and browse Pinterest for new recipes to try. This lemon chicken orzo was delicious and pretty quick to make.
- One of my resolutions this year was to read more books. At night I’m usually too tired (or it’s too late…like tonight!) to pick up a book, and when I do feel like staying up for an extra 15 minutes, I resort to watching beauty videos on YouTube. Ha. I read a TON of articles for work to stay educated and obviously blogs, but I’m struggling with getting into the habit of reading books. Derek Halpern wrote a great post on why it’s important to read many different kinds of books. One of my favorite kinds are actually business related instead of fiction. Right now I’m reading Creative Confidence and enjoying it so far.